Whom can I contact?

02.09.2021 - FAQ


German nationals who are still in Afghanistan are urged to register on https://krisenvorsorgeliste.diplo.de/. German nationals who travel to neighbouring countries by land can, once they have arrived, be provided with consular assistance by our Embassies. Consular assistance cannot at present be provided within Afghanistan.

German nationals may also contact the Federal Foreign Office Help Desk by dialling +49 30 5000 2000 or by using the contact form – they must, however, make sure to register on https://krisenvorsorgeliste.diplo.de/.

Local employees remain the responsibility of their former employer. Local employees who have not yet received a visa or approval for admission should contact their former employer, provided their employment did not end before 2013.

If you are a former employee of the Federal Foreign Office, please contact the Federal Foreign Office by email at okv@kabu.auswaertiges-amt.de.

Other groups of employees, for example in the field of development cooperation or the Bundeswehr, should contact their relevant employers (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Federal Ministry of Defence, etc.), i.a.:

  • BMI (Ministry of the Interior)
  • BMZ (Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development)
  • BMVg (Ministry of Defence)

For communication with former local employees who have submitted hazard applications, the Federal Foreign Office is working with an external service provider who uses the domain @threatno.org. Part of the service provider’s job is to request and compile the necessary data

German Embassies in the neighbouring countries can assist local employees who have been granted approval for admission, or who already have a visa with their onward travel to Germany once they have arrived in the respective country. Until then, your former employer remains your point of contact. Individuals who do not yet have a visa, but who have been informed by their employer that approval for admission has been granted by the Federal Ministry of the Interior, can be provided quickly and simply with documents by the German Embassies in the neighbouring countries that will allow them to enter Germany, subject to a security check.

Afghans active in civil society, the media, culture or academia, for example, who have received approval for admission to Germany from the German Government will also be assisted in leaving the country. We are working with an external service provider to communicate with Afghans at particular risk. This includes preparations and support for departure from Afghanistan and entry into Germany. Communication with the service provider is via the email address info@vaoffice.org. When the service provider phones people at risk, only Dari or Pashto will be used. The service provider’s phone calls can come from various numbers in several countries. If it is not clear whether a phone call really is being made by the service provider, then it is possible to give an email address. Then you will see whether the ensuing contact is made from the  info@vaoffice.org address.

The German missions in the neighbouring countries can issue the documents that are required to enter Germany quickly and simply, subject to a security check.

Top of page