Federal Foreign Office photo collections
- 22.07.2014 Mexico: Bridge-builder between North and South Foreign Minister Steinmeier visited Mexico from 17 to 20 July. As well as providing an opportunity for political talks, the visit also allowed Steinmeier to gain a first-hand impression of the German business community’s presence in the country.
- 03.07.2014 Berlin Ukraine conference: A step towards a ceasefire Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier invited his opposite numbers from France, Russia and Ukraine to a meeting at the Federal Foreign Office in Berlin on 2 July at which they agreed important steps towards a sustainable ceasefire.
- 27.06.2014 Steinmeier in Luxembourg, Kyiv and Brussels Foreign Minister Steinmeier visited Luxembourg, Kyiv and Brussels from 23 to 25 June, where he discussed the crisis in Ukraine and President Poroshenko’s peace plan in his various talks.
- 21.06.2014 Strategic Dialogue with Turkey Foreign Minister Steinmeier has met President Gül and Foreign Minister Davutoğlu in Istanbul. On Saturday (21 June), he officially launched the German-Turkish Youth Bridge.
- 11.06.2014 German-Polish-Russian trialogue on Ukraine On 10 June Foreign Minister Steinmeier travelled to St Petersburg where he met his counterparts from Russia and Poland for talks in the so‑called trialogue format. The focus was on the search for possible solutions to the conflict in Ukraine.
- 04.06.2014 Strengthening cooperation with the Gulf states Foreign Minister Steinmeier’s talks in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar focused on regional trouble spots and strengthening bilateral relations. In Doha, Steinmeier also raised the issue of workers’ rights for foreign labourers.
- 02.06.2014 More assistance for Syrian refugees in Lebanon During his visit to Lebanon, Foreign Minister Steinmeier visited a camp for Syrian refugees. He announced that Germany is increasing its support by five million euros, which will be mainly used to provide medical care for the refugees.
- 02.06.2014 Commemorating the fall of the Berlin wall 25 years ago The wall that separated East and West Germany fell 25 years ago. A piece of German history that tourists can now experience by bike on a tour of the Berlin wall, including personal eyewitness accounts.
- 28.05.2014 After the flood disaster: Steinmeier visits Sarajevo Foreign Minister Steinmeier visited Bosnia and Herzegovina from 26 to 27 May. With his visit he reaffirmed Germany’s and the EU’s continued strong commitment to a good future for the country. For the flood victims Steinmeier pledged seven million euros in assistance.
- 19.05.2014 Federal Foreign Minister Steinmeier attends French cabinet meeting A sign of mutual trust: at the invitation of France’s President Hollande, Foreign Minister Steinmeier took part in a meeting of the French cabinet on 14 May, the first Foreign Minister of another country to do so.