During a visit to Kabul on 30 August, talks with Afghanistan’s leaders centred on the future development of the country. Steinmeier urged them to press on with intra‑Afghan reconciliation. moreForeign Minister Steinmeier in Afghanistan: a visit at a difficult time of transition
The German Bundestag has voted by a large majority in favour of Germany’s participation in the international training mission 'Resolute Support'. moreResolute Support: further support for Afghanistan
Ambassador Sabine Sparwasser coordinates Germany’s diplomatic engagement with the region. moreSpecial Representative of the Federal Government for Afghanistan and Pakistan
- First official visit to Pakistan
- Foreign Minister Steinmeier in Afghanistan: a visit at a difficult time of transition
- "Supporting Pakistan in its democratic development"
- Federal Foreign Office spokesperson on the attacks in Afghanistan
- Foreign Minister Steinmeier on the approval of part of the new Government in Afghanistan