Working and Living in Germany
- I am a foreign national interested in working in Germany. What opportunities are open to me?
- What is the EU Blue Card? Who is eligible for it? Where can I get it?
- I am an IT specialist. Are extra opportunities to work in Germany open to me?
- Is it true that foreign nationals can now come to Germany to start their own business?
- What is the procedure for applying for a work visa?
- I am an EU citizen and want to live and work in Germany. What are my options?
- Will my occupational qualifications obtained abroad be recognized in Germany?
- What exactly is the Working Holiday programme?
- I want to work as an au pair in Germany. Where can I get information?
- I am not a German national but am living and working in Germany with a valid residence permit. Can my spouse ....
- Where can I get information on the validity of my foreign driving licence in Germany?
We hope you understand that we cannot respond individually to questions featured in this catalogue.
Have you not found the answer to your question? Give us a call (hotline number +49 30 5000 2000) or send us an email. One of our help desk staff will answer your inquiry as quickly as possible.
You are living abroad and you are in need of consular information? Please contact the German
mission which is competent for your place of residence.