The maintenance or restoration of peace is the paramount task of the United Nations Security Council. It takes appropriate measures and issues mandates for peace missions. Germany is currently participating in numerous peace missions.
moreUN peace missions and Germany’s engagement
Something finally needs to be done about reforming the United Nations Security Council! If it is not adapted to the geopolitical realities of the 21st century, that is if it does not ensure in particular adequate representation of the global South and major contributors to the UN system, the Security Council’s legitimacy and authority are at risk. moreReform of the United Nations Security Council
- Statement by Bärbel Kofler, Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights Policy and Humanitarian Aid, on World Refugee Day
- Human Rights Commissioner Kofler on IS crimes against the Yazidis
- Foreign Minister Steinmeier welcomes UN Security Council resolution on Libya
- The Federal Foreign Office in Bonn – point of contact for international organizations based in Germany
- Speech by Michael Roth, Minister of State for Europe, at the high-level thematic debate in the United Nations General Assembly in New York