I am not a German national but am living and working in Germany with a valid residence permit. Can my spouse ....

...who is also not a German national live and work with me in Germany?

If you want to live in Germany with your spouse you have to submit an application for family reunification to the competent German mission abroad.  Details on the documents to be presented with your visa application are often available on the webpage of the competent German mission abroad or directly from the mission itself. 

EU citizens as well as citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland citizens have the right to live and work in Germany. After arrival, they just need to register with the appropriate office of the town hall (mostly called "Einwohnermeldeamt" or "Bürgeramt") of their residence in Germany.

Studying and working in Germany

Here you will find more about access to the German labour market and finding work in Germany:

share page:

About us

Entry & Residence

Foreign & European Policy