I am an IT specialist. Are extra opportunities to work in Germany open to me?

It is possible for those working in the field of information and communications technology to obtain a residence permit in order to take up employment. A concrete job offer is an essential prerequisite for this.

An EU Blue Card or a relevant entry visa can be issued to IT workers who earn an annual salary of 39,624 euros (2017) or more.

If you do not have a concrete job offer, you can apply for a jobseeker’s visa.

A quick test to check if and when you can gain access to the labour market along with more information on the topic of “working in Germany” can be found on the employment office link below.

Migration Check

You can also find comprehensive information on “immigrating to Germany” on the Federal Ministry of the Interior’s website.

Find out more on the website of the Federal Ministry of the Interior.

Studying and working in Germany

Here you will find more about access to the German labour market and finding work in Germany:

share page:

About us

Entry & Residence

Foreign & European Policy